Hakubaku Organic Soba Authentic Japanese Buckwheat Noodles
Soba noodles are thin Japanese noodles made of buckwheat flour (soba-ko) and wheat flour (komugi-ko). They are roughly as thick as Italian spaghetti, and prepared in various hot and cold dishes. The most basic soba dish is zaru soba in which boiled, cold soba noodles are eaten with a soya based dipping sauce (tsuyu)
There is research to indicate that Buckwheat has substantial health benefits as a regular part of a diet, these include:
- Buckwheat is very high in protein which has all of the amino acids essential for good health. (Making it possible even better than Soy)
- Buckwheat protein has also been shown to reduce cholesterol levels by absorbing Cholesterol in your small intestine.
- Buckwheat may have some value for diabetics as some studies on rats have shown that Buckwheat reduces blood glucose levels by as much as 12-19%
- Buckwheat is a naturally high in dietary fibre
- Buckwheat is naturally high in lecithin
Cooking Instructions: Boil for 4 minutes for Soup and Salad. Boil for 3 minutes for Stir frying
INGREDIENTS: ORGANIC WHEAT FLOUR 69%, ORGANIC BUCKWHEAT FLOUR 29%, SALT 2%, WATER.
- Buy 6 or above and get 5% off